Sunday, July 12, 2009

Seeing that some of the things mentioned in this book are now popping up on the news, I decided to post an overdue note of the impression I received from this book. I finished reading it a bit ago...I couldn't put it down when I started it, but I was curled up on the couch with a blanket over my head like I was reading a horror story. I think I was more relaxed while reading The Exorcist. I kept expecting him to pop out of the book with a meat cleaver or something. My pre-Angler thoughts on Cheney were that I was part in awe of him because from an analytical perspective he is absolutely fascinating, but in the same way Hannibal Lector would be a fascinating study. Other than that, he just struck me as being extremely creepy. After reading this book, however, those sentiments are amplified. I can't believe he's human. The volume of knowledge he possesses about politics and people is insane. At first, Cheney just gave me the creeps. Now I am flat-out terrified of him and what is strange is that I am sure that was never the author's intention. It was presented as just a regular this-is-what-happened book and if you put another person as the person-of-interest instead of Cheney it would probably have been just a regular this-is-what-happened book. I strongly recommend this book. Even if you aren't interested in politics it would still make an awesome horror read.

No comments: