Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sheri's Weekly Rant - Sexualization of Anything Child-Related

I saw a video by Fergie (in my defense, I was plagued with insomnia and that was the first thing I saw when I turned on the television) and there is one part where she and some other women are dressed as Brownie Scouts--not even Girl Scouts, Brownie Scouts...the scout group for 6 - 8 year-old little girls:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Actual Brownie Scout:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The idea that anyone had a fantasy that involved a Brownie Scout (even if an adult woman is dressed in the costume) is extremely disturbing to me. Actually, an adult having a fantasy involving anything child-related is disturbing to me (including the "Naughty Schoolgirl" thing--it originates from images of minors).

Am I the only one that feels like this? When I saw that video, the first thing I felt was morbid disgust over the idea that the uniform of an organization for such young children was being sexualized.

No comments: