Monday, March 31, 2008

Obama the Divider?

I have my concerns, and I feel my concerns are justified.

One of my red flag occurred when I watched a Democrat get-together where Obama made undisguised efforts to avoid shaking Clinton's hand. That might seem as him "being honest," but given that as president he will have no choice but to work for people that are not "on his bandwagon," the fact that he couldn't even pull off a handshake disturbed me greatly. There were several red flags between and before this one, my first flag being how could such a political novice decide that he is ready to become president without having the ego of an Antichrist?

Today an article mentioned a partnership between him and McCain falling apart. I will confess, that I believe that much of it is party-based nonsense and the fact that McCain is running for president is undoubtedly playing a significant role in his comments, but I do not completely dismiss the idea that Obama isn't a uniter, either.

I know Obama promises change, but then, doesn't every politician? Shouldn't we watch his actions on and off the field before we hand him the role as the most powerful person on the planet?

No comments: