Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hello

I realize I have been offline for quite a bit of time, but the daily news is so shockingly and sadly comical these days that it seemed that extra words were unnecessary.

The Muhammed Cartoon Scandal: I have actually been watching that for a while now; long before MSNBC et al caught wind of it, but the idea of it devolving into violence struck me as being too absurd to pursue the topic. Once again, humanity has let me down. I emphathize with the protesters, but putting bounties on the heads of cartoonists or burning an embassy is sheer madness.

Trigger Happy Cheney: I do believe it was an accident, but since Cheney did it, it is now my daily source of amusement. Cheney can become a rapper now: he told Congress to go f*** themselves and he has shot someone.

2 comments:

porchwise said...

It probably was an accident, but in hunting as in driving, the old excuse of "I only had one beer" sounds lame.
BTW, Welcome back...and I know what you mean, humanity seems to be going to hell in a hand basket (to wear out an old axiom)

Human said...

Glad to read ya again.
Peace.