Thursday, October 19, 2006

Call-out: the Media

Stephen Colbert has his "Tip of the Hat/Wag of the Finger" method of critiquing the world. Until I can come up with something better, I will just say that I am calling someone/thing out.

Today I have to call a group out: the media. In reference to the interview in the previous post, reporters are stating that Bush is agreeing with Thomas Friedman's NYT comment that the insurgency is like the Tet offensive. Bush did not say, "I agree with that," he said, "He might be right." "Might be right" and "I concur" are completely different, media people!

It is not often that I come to the rescue of this particular president, but Media, this was just lame! There are plenty of events going on now that are worthy of a headline...this is not one of them. Shame on you, Media, for being so lazy!

1 comment:

Pete said...

Interesting post S

From usually being pro Iraq war the media are now herding like sheep against the war. Simplistic slogans live on.

I opposed the invasion/occupation from the beginning.

The Tet Offensive was a sharp shock while the Iraq insurgency has been a steady war of attrition since mid 2003.

Pete