Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ouch - Murtha Gets the Smackdown

It isn't surprising that Hoyer won over Murtha. Murtha never had the numbers to compete with Hoyer in the first place. Hoyer, who appears to be popular with the freshman House members, beat him by almost double.

The risk Pelosi took with Murtha bothered the hell out of me. I get that she wanted to be loyal, but surely our president has served as evidence that loyalty-based decisions, although honorable, do not work in politics. She had better have a brilliant plan to try to bring unity back to the party.

All of this stuff is going to give me an ulcer. The Democrats have been handed a great gift by the American people and just cannot afford to screw this up. I have been tooting my confidence in their ability to "repair" our country on both the domestic and international fields, but the truth is I am walking around with my fingers crossed...maybe I should drag out my Rosary, too.

No comments: