Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Black Ink Monday

I made a post several weeks ago regarding Black Ink Monday, a term applied by professional cartoonists due to the fact that several paper giants have made it an issue to rid their newspapers of editorial cartoons for the sake of increasing their already impressive profits. The jobs of editorial cartoonists responsible for the lovely daily cartoons that I post are on the chopping block, and many cartoonists are appealing to the public to voice dissent. I feel that it is my responsibility to at least make some attempt to drum up more support.

The cartoonists are asking that emails be sent to Tribune Company's Gary Weitman, VP of Communications. Mr. Weitman has pledged to respond to all emails.

Update: I actually received a response, which was the same rubber-stamp as every one else has received. I forwarded it to Cagle Cartoon, with a comment, and my comment was published on their Jan 6. blog post.

No comments: