Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Confessed Child Rapist Sentenced to 60 Days

I am beyond speechless: Vermont judge Edward Cashman sentenced a serial child rapist who admitted to sexually assaulting a young girl for four years, beginning when she was six years old. Judge Cashman's decision was based on his desire to rehabilitate sex offenders:

"Judge Cashman defended his ruling by saying that without treatment, a long jail term would only harden Hulett and make him more dangerous when he is released. He seemed to feel that decision would keep society safer from this offender's sexual deviancy in the long run."

I suppose, however that this should not be a surprise since only months earlier one of several males charged with raping an unconscious teenager was acquitted because the jury ruled that the victim twitched in the videotaped assault, thus rendering her conscious and since she did not fight back, she must have consented. Studies show that 1 of 6 women will be subjected to some form sexual assault and half of those assaults go unreported. Why bother? There is a 2% conviction rate and the bar for proof has reached an unattainable status, since confessions and videotape no longer stand as valid proof.

There is no need to "democratize" Iraq. Our countries' legal systems seem to already be on the same page.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In french okey?
J'ai fait l'amer experience aux USA ou les gens utilisent leur loi contre les minorites. Dans mon cas,je suis une minorite car ma parole ne compte pour rien. Je l'ai percu depuis le debut.

No, screw it, I'm going to write in english:

I have the Homeland Security and the Supreme Court by the bawls. I have been wrongfully accused in the USA by a US citizen to molest my own child who was 1 month old. It is one of the reasons I will fight against injustice in the USA, because ENOUGH IS ENOUGH WITH THIS BULLSHIT, because I am like you a minority in the eyes of the laws, and I am waiting for the laws to catch me and they never did of course. I hate the american system because such or such person is different from the white color, because an American person abused me and took advantage of their laws because I was a considered a piece of shite, because I was a white "african american". I hate the american system because such or such person decided to take advantage of a person that did not speak the same language, and I hate the american system because the dept of Homeland Security refused to grant me US citizenship because I am french.

I hate your illegal system. Long life to the black panthers. Long life to anybody, but your judiciary system can go to hell. They do not know what justice is. Boy in France we cut some heads during the french revolution after all.

Anonymous said...

*yawn*
Je vais me coucher. On se reprend plus tard. Intriguant to truc mais bon, ca me passe au dessus de la tete.

porchwise said...

Sounds like this judge might have a hidden agenda. How is 60 days going to change a four year habit (and possibly longer). This is a travesty of justice for that little girl. The judge should hang his head in shame.

Anonymous said...

This judge has no respect for the law. Other cases in which he sat on the bench should be reviewed. He has to be an idiot!!! I wonder how he would have felt about the matter if the sicko had molested his daughter?