Friday, January 27, 2006

Palestine's Big Surprise

I am still recovering from this one. The Palestinian election just threw Democratic Peace theory right out the window. When I hear proponents of Democratic Peace theory, I have to question did they really take a good look at their cases. I am of the opinion that, while I love democracy, I honestly do not believe that it is a one-size-fit-all form of government. True, no democracy has ever gone to war with another, but those democracies had more in common with each other than just their types of government. The cultures were similar as well. Plus, the type of democracy that we currently have went through an evolutionary process, and is still evolving.

Well, Mr President...you sought democracy in the Middle East and you got it. The question is do you still want it?

1 comment:

Pete said...

The big question is how many days till Palestine under Hamas disintegrates from faction fighting (currently Hamas vs Fatah)?

Or WILL Israel head off disintegration by bombing and/or invading the place.

Palestinians do not have a fun life.