Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Say Hello to My Little Friend!: Senate Rule 21

The Democratic Party finally showed some cahunes by forcing the Senate into a closed session by pulling the Rule 21 card without warning. I will not lie to you, I had never heard of Rule 21 prior to yesterday, but as of today I have the entire Standing Rules of the Senate bookmarked. The Washington Post asserts that the hotspots of the session ranged from tainted intelligence claims that led to the Iraqi war to Scooter Libby's indictment. I am curious to what else went on during the two hours behind closed doors because apparently discussions resulting from the invocation of Rule 21 are expanded by Rules 25 and 31, which provide the invokers a fun assortment of privileges that otherwise may have been denied.

The SS Dubya is starting to look like the SS Titanic...

2 comments:

Human said...

I luv ya headline. Sen. Frist and the other Republican Senators sure were taken by surprise. It is nice to see evolution as it takes place. Who would of known the Specie Democratinvertabrae would grow a rudimentary spine?

Just prior to the coming State of the Union Speech I will once again send letters to Democratic Members to stand and turn their backs to the Bush. It's the closest thing to a NO Confidence Vote we have.

porchwise said...

Yep, and I betcha the VEEP is lashed to the wheel.