Friday, October 14, 2005

The City that Caution Forgot

USA leads today with the report that during a poll, 40% of the New Orleans evacuees state that they have no intention to return to the city. Well, let us review the facts: 1.) considering that the Army Corps of Engineers stated that they planned on restoring the levees back to their Category 3 protection level status after being destroyed by a Category 4 hurricane and then experiencing another strong hurricane less than three weeks later; 2.) New Orleans is a cesspool right now and there is talk of a killer bird virus heading our way. I cannot say that I blame them.

2 comments:

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jan said...

Let me try that again. I feel certain that I wouldn't go back. To visit, yes. To live, NO WAY.