Friday, October 21, 2005

On the Subject of Tom Delay (Pt 1)

There are few things on this planet that give me more pleasure than seeing a finger-pointer get finger-pointed (except when it happens to me, of course). The fact that Tom Delay is a source of exasperation for me has nothing to do with the fact that he is a Republican...it did not exactly help, but it was not a noteworthy contributing factor. He and his compadres' dogged pursuit to the end of class-action suits, preventing stem-cell usage research and development, and nevermind the Terry Schiavo fiasco last spring are some of the some of the reasons why his name makes my stomach knot up. But I am going to make a conscience effort to be a better person than that. I am going to try not to snicker with pleasure at his arrest. I am not going to make popcorn while I watch the Hammer get pounded on national television. No, I will do better.

Who am I kidding? I am salivating for the moment that his mugshot hits the net...

No comments: